After touching a 7,200-volt power line with his head, the worker is okay and without serious injury!
Alton Fire Chief Al Johnson said the 28-year-old White Mountain Cable worker was pulling cable lines from a bucket truck when his head touched the line. “It was just a huge spark, and he wasn’t responding,” said a cable worker on the scene.
The shock entered through his head and went through his right thigh into the bucket, said authorities. The worker stayed conscious and he was able to lower the bucket back on to the ground. “His partner kept telling him to “Stay down,” said Johnson. He was able to move away from it.
Johnson said the victim, whose name has not been released, was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia with facial burns and a burn on his leg from the exit wound. The incident will be investigated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, as it occurred on a worksite.
“We’ve got a lot of construction going on in our community,” Johnson said. “A lot of changes are being made for the back roads. It could happen anywhere.”