Very early on Christmas morning, a fire broke out in the home of Sandra Hardwick, a 48-year-old woman whose son and two grandsons had come over to spend Christmas together.
Hardwick’s son, Eric Campbell; his two sons, Sean, 7, and Amir, 2; and his girlfriend, who was not identified, were assisted out of the house by firefighters and were not injured. But Hardwick, trapped in the back, suffered fatal burns across most of her body, police said.
She was pronounced dead at Kennedy University Hospital-Cherry Hill a short time after police received a frantic call at 12:22 a.m. that the house was on fire and a person was trapped. –Philadelphia Inquirer
The police have not yet identified the precise cause of the blaze, but have identified a burning candle, a faulty lamp, and an overloaded extension cord as possible culprits. They are still investigating the house fire.
Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Sandra Hardwick for their loss, in this terrible tragedy, of a loving mother, grandmother, and friend.