The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

Did you know that 37,000 United States residents a year are injured by nailguns seriously enough to require a trip to the emergency room of their local hospital? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the CDC, reported those findings in a study done from 2001 to 2005. That’s 185,000 over a five year period.

The number of consumers make up 40% of the total and it is increasing. Workers make up the other 60%. These 185,000 injuries are all preventable. People have to be more careful, and the nail gun manufacturers have to make sure they are equipped with the latest safety devices. For more on workplace safety, check out the homepage of the Occupational Heath and Safety Administration (OHSA). Let’s all concentrate in reducing the number of avoidable injuries.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest